When you think of an Interior Designer or Decorator, what are your first thoughts?
I bet it’s something like this
- I could never afford to hire them because they charge way too much
- I’d be embarrassed to have an interior decorator in my home because they’ll judge my not so perfect house
- Even if I hired a designer, I wouldn’t be able to afford the furniture that they suggest I buy
- Interior Designers and Decorators are all hoity-toity and fancy-pants, maybe even a bit snobby
I get it and I thought the same thing – before I became one! And yes there are fancy-pants designers out there that only deal with high-end clients – but that’s not me I promise
I believe that everyone deserves to live in and can have a home they love and that loves them back
Apart from not being a fancy-pants, here are some other things about me that may surprise you
- I’m a bargain hunter. Regardless of what I’m buying, big or small, I believe there is always a bargain to be found. We used old chairs for our bedsides until the bedroom suite I wanted came on sale. Also, some high-end pieces with high-end prices can be found elsewhere (although not exactly the same piece) for a more affordable price. I actually wrote a blog on “How To Get Lux For Less”
- My house is very rarely ‘picture perfect’. My husband and I have lived in while renovating numerous houses over the last 20 years, so we were almost always living in amongst renovation. We also have 3 beautiful but messy kids, with two of them being teenage boys still living at home. So having a ‘showhome’ isn’t possible or practical. I believe that a home needs to be lived in, not just looked at
- I worry
- Chocolate is my friend/enemy. I admit it! I’m a chocoholic! I try to stay as healthy and fit as possible, I go to the gym usually 3-4 times a week and usually watch what I eat – but chocolate gets me every time and I have a small amount every single day
So there it is a little bit about me and I hope to get to know you a little better too.